Effective Date of Current Version: August 1st 2016
The following sets forth the terms and conditions of the ToolsOnAir Broadcast Engineering (TOA) Maintenance & Basic Software Support Service Agreement. Unless otherwise stated, this Maintenance & Basic Software Support Service Agreement applies to all TOA software product lines.
- Customer refers to the individual or entity that has licensed TOA software and ordered TOA Maintenance & Basic Software Support from TOA or a TOA authorized dealer or distributor.
- Basic Software Support Services (Support Services) refers to the services provided by TOA to Customer under the terms of this agreement.
- To be eligible for Maintenance & Basic Software Support as described in this Maintenance & Basic Software Support Agreement software products must be properly licensed from TOA.
- Support Services are provided only for incidents that are demonstrable in the supported release(s) of TOA software running unaltered on certified hardware in conjunction with certified I/O devices as specified in the TOA User Manuals and where a Maintenance & Basic Software Support Agreement is in effect.
- All agreements are governed by the laws in force in Austria. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Vienna, Austria.
- Basic Software Support
If Customer subscribes to Basic Software Support, and pays the Annual Maintenance & Support Fee TOA shall provide the following Support Services:
- Customer shall have unlimited secure access to TOA’s on-line support facility on TOA’s website at “www.support.toolsonair.com.”
- TOA will provide Customer with Support Services to a maximum of three (3) named technical support contacts (“Customer’s Technical Support Contacts”).
- Requests for Support Services will only be accepted from the Customer’s Technical Support Contacts via web-ticket over the TOA support web site.
- Only customers with a valid Maintenance & Basic Software Support contract will ber able to fill out and execute LODs (Letters of Destruction) only for Machine IDs currently unter maintenance.
- TOA will respond, toll-free to requests for Support Services between 08:30 AM and 5:30 PM CET Monday-Friday (excluding Austrian holidays) via e-mail and/or TeamViewer.
- TOA guarantees an initial response time of four (4) hours between 08:30 AM and 5:30 PM CET Monday-Friday (excluding Austrian holidays). Examples:
Customer logs a support request at 1:00 PM CET on a business Wednesday. The guaranteed latest initial response time from TOA is 5:00 PM CET the same day.
Customer logs a support request at 7:30 PM CET on a Sunday. The guaranteed latest initial response time from TOA is 12:30 PM CET next business day.
Customer logs a support request at 5:30 PM CET on a Friday. The guaranteed latest initial response time from TOA is 12:30 PM CET on Monday or the next business day.
Customer logs a support request at 4:30 PM CET on a business Monday. The guaranteed latest initial response from TOA is 11:30 AM CET next business day.
- “Initial response” is defined as the first contact by a support engineer after Customer has submitted an incident ticket. Initial response does not equate to incident resolution. Regular status updates will be communicated to Customer if the incident cannot be resolved immediately. Incident tickets remain open until confirmation is received that Customer is satisfied with the proposed resolution or TOA closes the ticket because Customer configuration is outside the guidelines defined in 1.4.
- Software Updates
- TOA will provide code corrections as required to correct software malfunctions in order to bring the software into substantial conformity with applicable documentation. If Customer encounters a problem in the usage of the software, Customer will provide TOA with sufficient detail to permit TOA to understand and reproduce the problem. TOA will use reasonable efforts to diagnose the problem and if it is mutually determined by Customer and TOA that the problem represents an error in the software that causes it to not to operate in substantial conformity with applicable documentation, TOA will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide a fix release to Customer. In addition, TOA may, at its sole discretion and from time to time, make fix releases generally available to users of the software.
- TOA shall provide Customer, at no additional charge, all upgrades for the software to make the software current, so long as Customer has a valid Maintenance & Basic Software Support Agreement in effect. “Upgrades” mean those versions of the software products that TOA, at its discretion, deems to be logical improvements or extensions to the software products and that have been released for general commercial distribution.
- Annual Support Fee / Initial Term & Renewals / Termination
- Annual Maintenance & Support Fee. The annual Maintenance & Support fee is 15% of list price per year. For storage solutions (just:store) the annual Maintenance & Support fee is a flat €1.900,- per unit, including free software upgrades, and €900,- for just:store mini.
- Initial Term. The initial term for the Maintenance & Basic Software Support Agreement is (1) year, unless otherwise stated. TOA will provide Customer with a renewal reminder within 30 days in advance of expiration of the then-current term, so that Customer can extend for a further one year period the Maintenance & Basic Software Support Agreement. Upon receiving Customer’s order TOA shall invoice Customer for the next renewal term.
- Right to Discontinue or Modify Services. Customer acknowledges that TOA has the right to discontinue the manufacture and development of any of the software and the Maintenance & Support Services for that software, including the distribution of older software versions, at any time in its sole discretion, provided that TOA agrees not to discontinue the Maintenance & Support Services for that software during the current annual term of this Agreement.
- TOA shall provide Maintenance & Support Services under this Agreement for an initial term of one (1) year from initial invoice date. Subsequent years renew automatically unless either party notifies the other of its intent to terminate this Agreement by providing the other party written notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of any term of the Agreement or of any Service period. If this Agreement lapses, Customer may be subject to additional fees prior to the reinstatement of Maintenance & Support Services.
- Maintenance & Support Services may be terminated by TOA for: failure of Customer to pay for Maintenance & Support Services; abusive or fraudulent use of support services by Customer; or for Breach of License or of Proprietary Rights.
- Annual Support Fee / Initial Term & Renewals / Termination
- Proprietary Rights. The Software is licensed, not sold. All intellectual property rights, including all copyrights and patent rights, in and to the Software shall, at all times, remain with TOA or its licensors. TOA and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted to Customer. Physical copies of the software remain the property of TOA. Customer must fully reproduce any copyright or other notice marked on any part of the software on all authorized copies and must not alter or remove any such copyright or other notice.