Single App with up to 8 NDI channels recording licence
just:in mac lite NDI lets you record up to 8 NDI channels of HD or UHD video on a qualified Mac, with growing file support, in one flexible, single-application solution to cover the indispensable recording functions of broadcast and production environments that might not require the full feature set of our flagship ingest solutions or are in demand for a budget-friendly capture solution. The NDI High Bandwidth recording performance depends on the Apple silicon hardware and the network components/infrastructure used as well as the available hard disk space.
Streamlined and Comprehensive Setup
The setup of just:in mac lite NDI is streamlined, with a comprehensive guide seamlessly leading users through each configuration step. It’s worth noting that just:in mac lite NDI is tailored to support NDI® inputs only, with full support for production codecs such as Apple ProRes, H.264, H.265, and even XDCAM HD 422 MXF out of the box.
NDI® Format Support
Full discovery and recording support for NDI® High Bandwidth and NDI® HX sources based on the open, low-latency video-over-IP protocol developed by NewTek™ and a registered trademark of Vizrt NDI AB. just:in mac lite NDI employs the official macOS NDI SDK 5.6 to establish connections with available NDI streams within a designated network. Given the inherent characteristics of NDI technology, as well as the variability in networking configurations and infrastructure, it is important to note that the performance and integrity of all recordings might vary.
Please refer to the official NDI documentation for detailed information: https://docs.ndi.video/docs/docs/index.
Essential Growing File support
In production scenarios where almost immediate access to the recordings is essential, the support for so-called Growing Files is indispensable. This allows the editors to access and edit files while the recording is in progress, and at the same time reduce additional post-production time. Growing Files recorded with just:in mac lite NDI are compatible with Apple’s Final Cut Pro, Adobe’s Premiere Pro (MXF container only) or Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve. Please consult the NLE vendor’s notes about codec/container compatibility.
Flexible Apple hardware acceleration encoding support
The just:in mac lite NDI features the unique option to choose either CPU or hardware-accelerated encoding when using the recent Apple silicon models, to overcome possible encoding limitations when using a combination of Apple ProRes or H.264/HEVC Capture Presets in the available recording Channels. Please note that the Apple hardware acceleration for ProRes encoding is limited to progressive formats, therefore not supporting either interlaced formats nor alpha channels.
Extensive Support for Timecode Input Sources
just:in mac lite NDI supports various timecode sources to accommodate your needs: choose between Computer Time or LTC over Audio modes.
New Licensing Process
The licensing process has been redesigned and users can now seamlessly activate, deactivate, and transfer their licences between different machines, making the experience smoother than ever before.
- Apple Mac mini, iMac (Apple silicon preferred), Mac Studio (Max or Ultra), Mac Pro 2023 (Apple silicon M2), Mac Book Pro (M2/M3 models).
- Apple macOS Monterey (12.7.x), macOS Ventura (13.6.x), macOS Sonoma (14.3.x)
- Support for NDI High Bandwidth and NDI HX formats
- For detailed system requirements, please consult the online user manual or contact us
Supported Codecs & Containers
- ProRes 422, LT, Proxy, HQ
- ProRes 4444 (with alpha)
- HEVC (H.265)
- Uncompressed 4:2:2
- XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422
Supported Frame Rates
- 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60.
- Supported frame rates are container and codec specific.
Free Download / Info
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – READ ME FIRST
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – Release Notes
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – System Requirements
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – Supported Mac Models
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – Supported Container & Codec Options
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – Feature Differences just:in mac v.6.1 solutions
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – Getting Started
- just:in mac lite NDI v.6.1 – User Manual