Secure and Redundant 24/7 Playout
Manage your 24/7 playout in real-time with an unlimited number of clients working on the same channel, and industry-standard redundancy and failover support.
Schedule Your Way
Schedule content weeks in advance with the user-friendly timeline, the traditional list view (with metadata support), and a convenient calendar function.
UHD – Yes We Can
Native SD/HD and UHDp60 SDI playout of video and multiple layers of static or realtime graphics using qualified hardware from Apple (Apple silicon), AJA or Blackmagic Design.
Major broadcast container and codec support. Import of iplaylists using CSV and XML. Support for CEA-608/708, OP-47, EAS and reference LTC timecode.
Smart User Interface
The smart graphical user interface provides an unlimited, frame-accurate review and preview of all scheduled video items.
Always in Control
just:play enables the operators to have full control of the rundown during the scheduling process.
Mind the Gap
Gaps, overlays, and placeholders are easily visible and can be edited right away. just:play’s playlist-based design makes it easy to structure the rundown.
Switch to Live
High-quality video, audio, and realtime graphics playout with the ability to switch to live using a single video device.
Static and Realtime Graphics
From simple station ID to interactive realtime graphics with multiple layers. Support for external data displayed by news tickers, stock exchange, weather forecast and more..
Extended Events Support
Support for HTTP events to include GET and POST methods as well as full support for frame-accurate SCTE-104 Splice Events.
- Qualified Mac mini (Intel & Apple silicon), Mac Studio (Max or Ultra) or Mac Pro 2019 (Intel), – please check online user manual.
- Version 4.1: Apple macOS Big Sur (11.7.x), macOS Monterey (12.6.x), macOS Ventura (13.x).
- Version 4.0: Apple macOS Catalina (10.15.7), macOS Big Sur (11.7.x), macOS Monterey (12.6.x).
- Version 2.8: Apple macOS Mojave (10.14.6).
- Minimum of 16 GB RAM (Apple silicon), 12 GB RAM (Intel).
- Support for AJA and Blackmagic Design video devices (Intel & Apple silicon).
- For detailed system requirements please consult the online user manual or contact us
Supported Codecs & Containers
- DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD
- All Apple ProRes Codecs
- HEVC (H.265)
- XDCAM EX / HD / HD422
- MPEG-2 , MPEG-4, H.264
- MPEG IMX (30/40/50)
- Avid DNxHD®/Avid DNxHR® (decoder)
- Apple Animation Codec
- MOV, MP4, M4V
- MPG, MPEG
Supported Frame Rates
- 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60.
- Supported frame rates are container and codec specific. Codec support depending on installed Apple Pro Codecs.
Free Download / Infos
- You are welcome to download a trial version of our latest just:play v.4.1.0 GM 1086 release, by clicking on the “Download” button below. The trial version of just:play is fully feature enabled but will apply a watermark on the outgoing PGM at a given interval. To run a watermark-free version of just:play, please contact our sales department at moc.rianosloot@selas or an authorised ToolsOnAir reseller to purchase a license.
- Please note that you will need a new Activation Key, when upgrading from just:play v.3.x or older.
- Due to a driver issue it is currently not possible to use the “Buffered Input” setting with video devices from Blackmagic Design on an Apple silicon based Mac. We are working with Blackmagic Design to fix the issue. INTEL based Macs as well as video devices from AJA (on INTEL or Apple silicon) are not affected.
- MacPro5,1 is not supported anymore and we strongly recommend all customers using MacMini6,x and MacMini7,x to update to a new Apple silicon based Mac mini (Macmini9,1).
- There are new Version 4.x documents available and we recommend all new, as well as all existing customers updating from a previous version, to consult the new manuals.
- We ask all users updating from a previous version to follow our update guide which can be found here.