Live Production Playout
Manage and control the playout of videos, multiple layers of static and realtime graphics and router control/GPI events manually, in a single interface with multiuser support.
UHD – Yes We Can
Native SD/HD and UHDp60 SDI playout of video and multiple layers of static or realtime graphics using qualified hardware from Apple (Apple silicon), AJA, and Blackmagic Design.
Growing File Support
Instant playout of growing files at your fingertips. Great way to accelerate your workflow during a live show.
Smart User Interface
The smart graphical user interface provides an unlimited, frame-accurate review and preview of all scheduled video items.
Have a Break
Set in- and out-points and split clips on the fly to insert commercials. Use placeholders to add videos at a later time. Supports SCTE-104 Splice Events.
Build, Monitor and Control
just:live’s integrated timeline allows operators to build rundown sequences and monitor the progress of currently playing clips.
Advanced finished actions for each clip like play next, cue, reload, hold, and cue or loop.
Major broadcast file format and codec support, back-to-back playout of mixed container formats, codecs, aspect ratios, pixel sizes, and field orders.
Support for HTTP events to include GET and POST methods as well as full support for CEA-608/708 and OP-47.
Designed for tapeless workflows, just:live fully integrates into standard MAM and storage solutions.
- Qualified Mac mini (Intel & Apple silicon), Mac Studio (Max or Ultra) or Mac Pro 2019 (Intel) – please check online user manual.
- Version 4.1: Apple macOS Big Sur (11.7.x), macOS Monterey (12.6.x), macOS Ventura (13.x).
- Version 4.0: Apple macOS Catalina (10.15.7), macOS Big Sur (11.7.x), macOS Monterey (12.6.x).
- Version 2.8: Apple macOS Mojave (10.14.6).
- Minimum of 16 GB RAM (Apple Silicon), 12 GB RAM (Intel).
- Support for AJA and Blackmagic Design video devices (Intel & Apple silicon).
- For detailed system requirements please consult the online user manual or contact us
Supported Codecs & Containers
- DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD
- All Apple ProRes Codecs
- HEVC (H.265)
- XDCAM EX / HD / HD422
- MPEG-2 , MPEG-4, H.264
- MPEG IMX (30/40/50)
- Avid DNxHD®/Avid DNxHR® (decoder)
- Apple Animation Codec
- MOV, MP4, M4V
- MPG, MPEG
Supported Frame Rates
- 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60.
- Supported frame rates are container and codec specific. Codec support depending on installed Apple Pro Codecs.
Free Download / Infos
- You are welcome to download a trial version of our latest just:live v.4.1.0 GM 1086 release, by clicking on the “Download” button below. The trial version of just:live is fully feature-enabled but will apply a watermark on the outgoing PGM at a given interval. To run a watermark-free version of just:live, please contact our sales department moc.rianosloot@selas ta or an authorised ToolsOnAir reseller to purchase a license.
- Please note that you will need a new Activation Key, when upgrading from just:live v.3.x or older.
- Due to a driver issue, it is currently not possible to use the “Buffered Input” setting with video devices from Blackmagic Design on an Apple silicon based Mac. We are working with Blackmagic Design to fix the issue. INTEL based Macs as well as video devices from AJA (on INTEL or Apple silicon) are not affected.
- MacPro5,1 is not supported anymore and we strongly recommend all customers using MacMini6,x and MacMini7,x to update to a new Apple silicon based Mac mini (Macmini9,1).
- There are new Version 4.x documents available and we recommend all new, as well as all existing customers updating from a previous version, to consult the new manuals.
- We ask all users updating from a previous version to follow our update guide which can be found here.